Often times, I have parents/students ask what materials will be used in lessons. This varies greatly based on the instrument and age of the student.
Here are some examples of method books I use for my students. You will be given specifics for which book you need to purchase closer to our first lesson together.
Piano Lessons for 3 1/2 to 5 year olds:
Piano Lessons for 5-9 year olds:
Piano Lessons for students ages 10 and up:
Voice Lessons for 6-10 year olds:
Voice Lessons for 11-13 year olds:
- Daffodils, Violets, and Snowflakes
- Broadway for Teens
- The Teens Musical Theatre Collection
- Disney Solos for Kids
Voice Lessons for 13 year olds and up:
- The Singer's Musical Theatre Anthology
- Roses, Laughter, and Lullabies (Mezzo-Sopranos/Altos)
- Lovers, Lasses, and Spring (Sopranos)
- Young Ladies, Shipmates, and Journeys (Baritones/Basses)
All students need a notebook to keep lesson notes in.
For voice students, a way to voice record lessons is also helpful.
For piano students, I have an iPad app that goes along with our lessons. If you have an iPad, bring it!